Happy New Year everyone!
In 2018, my goal is to focus on creating high-quality content that will help my readers (YOU) live fabulously (mind, body and spirit) without breaking the bank. That means more affordable fashion inspiration, online shopping tips, budget beauty and cheap (but delicious) wine recommendations! And if you love the more inspirational and body positive posts, you’ll be getting more of that, too.
For the first post of the year, I wanted to share the best Amazon beauty buys for women on a budget- all of which you can get on with free two-day shipping (if you’re an Amazon Prime member)🙌🏽. And to make this post even sweeter, I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers to bring you an amazing giveaway- a $750 gift card to Amazon!
Keep reading to find out the best budget-friendly beauty products on Amazon (with dupes for NARS, stila, Clinique and more all under $25) + find out how one lucky reader can win a $750 Amazon gift card.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see full disclosure.
The Best Budget-Friendly Amazon Beauty Buys
For as long as I can remember, I’ve been obsessed with makeup and beauty products in general. I found out at a young age that I had very sensitive skin, and that not all makeup was created equal.
When I was in middle school, I wore a pink metallic liquid eye shadow with a CoverGirl pressed powder and glittery, super shiny lip gloss. One day I started to break out in a horrible rash on my face, and had no idea what the culprit was.
To hide the rash, I just piled on more of that powder, and eventually it got so bad I finally had to go to a dermatologist. Shortly after, I found out that I was allergic to CoverGirl products and sadly had to switch up my makeup routine.
Ever since then, I’ve been on the hunt to find high-quality makeup products that didn’t cost a fortune- insert Amazon.
As someone who has tried many expensive beauty products (Lancome, Clinique, Anastasia Beverly Hills, etc.) and cheap drugstore products, I can confidently say that I’ve found some of the best beauty buys out there on Amazon!
Amazon has tons of brands that aren’t available at drugstores or department stores that are high quality, don’t contain a ton of chemicals, are cruelty free and affordable. In addition to actual makeup and skincare products, they also have brushes, blenders, mirrors, vanities, organizers and more. I personally have used all of the products I’m recommending in this post, and all have 4+ stars on Amazon!
Lashes and brows can really make or break your look, and finding high-quality products to accentuate them are a must.
- L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Primer Mascara, $6– I apply this mascara primer onto my lashes before I put on my mascara, and have seen great results! A primer acts as a base coat for your mascara and helps make your lashes full and long. This is a great dupe for Clinique’s Lash Building Primer, which costs $17.
- Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara, $6– If you want super long, voluminous lashes, this is your mascara. The comb-like brush helps curl and separate your lashes, and you’ll seriously feel like you’re wearing fake lashes by the time you’re done. If you sweat or have oily skin, I would recommend getting the waterproof version of this as it can easily smudge under these circumstances.
- L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Voluminous Feline Washable Mascara, $5– I use this mascara (and the original Voluminous) when I want a less dramatic and more natural look. I will also use this as a first coat of mascara before the one above if I want a super long and dramatic lash.
- Jontéblu Automatic Eyebrow Pencil, $5– If thick, natural looking brows are something you crave then I highly recommend this pencil! The automatic pencil with a brush-head included is the best tool I’ve found for the price. I’ve tried the famous Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz (which will run you over $20), and this is an awesome alternative that works equally as good, in my opinion.
- Docolor Liquid Eyeliner, $8– This is one of the best liquid eyeliners I’ve used! The felt tip is thin and soft, making it easy to draw the perfect cat eye that will not smudge or flake (it’s waterproof, but washes off easily). If you’re using an expensive eyeliner pen like stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner and need to save some money, try this.
As I mentioned, I have sensitive, combination skin. I also have PCOS and try to use products that are phthalate, talc, paraben, sulfate and petrochemical free, so finding affordable products for my face can be a challenge. But just because you have high-maintenance skin doesn’t mean you have to spend a ton of money on quality products!
- Amara Organics Anti Aging Face Cream Moisturizer with Resveratrol & Peptides, $22– This face moisturizer is my current fave, and it’s phthalate, paraben, sulfate, petrochemical and cruelty free! It’s full of fruit stem cells, antioxidants and vitamins that help hydrate your skin and keep it looking youthful and healthy. Since it’s lightweight and not oily, it’s perfect to use at morning and night, and works really nicely as a base before applying my makeup.
- Aesthetica Color Correcting Cream Concealer Palette, $10– This stuff is the best at hiding redness, dark circles and blemishes. If you’ve never tried color correcting, this is an affordable option to try it out.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer, $8– This stuff is gold! I use the medium tone. Hides under eye circles like a charm.
- Maybelline New York Fit Me! Oil-Free Stick Foundation, $7– I use the coconut tone as a contour stick. Glides on super smooth and blends easily.
- Aesthetica Banana Loose Setting Powder, $19– I love Aesthetica products because they are all chemical free and cruelty free! This banana powder is an awesome setting powder which tones down any red or pink blotchiness while neutralizing blue under-eye circles. It also comes with a velour puff for on-the-go use, but I like to use a kabuki brush to apply.
- Aesthetica Blush Compact in Climax, $8– This shimmery peachy-pink blush is a budget-friendly dupe for the famous NARS Orgasm blush (which costs $30). The pigmentation in this blush is not quite as good as the NARS product, but for almost 1/4th the cost it’s great!
- Aesthetica Strobe Series Highlighting Kit, $25– I started strobing/highlighting last year, and this kit gives me a perfect glow that I am always getting complimented on. I love that this palette is offered in light and dark to compliment your skin tone. It comes with 4 different highlighting shades + a liquid highlighter pen. This is probably my favorite product on the entire list!
As Miss Erika Jayne from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills says, no one wants a polite lip.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, $5-$10– These matte lip creams are the best! There are so many different colors to choose from, they don’t flake, and they last for a long time. My favorite colors are Anwerp, Cannes, Amsterdam and Ibiza.
- Aesthetica Matte Lip Contour Kit, $25– Lip kits are all the rage, and this one is great for beginners. This kit comes with 5 extended-wear colors, two double-ended contouring pencils, a lip-popping highlighter and an application blush. It also comes with tons of tools to show you how to use the pallets and contour your lips. I use this in conjunction with the NYX creams on the daily.
MAKEUP TOOLS + VANITY + ORGANIZERS
From brushes and blenders to vanities and organizers, Amazon has got it all!
- 15 Piece Rose Gold Professional Makeup Brush Set, $20– This affordable set is not only beautiful, but works extremely well. I wanted a set that had a highlighter brush as well as a really good powder brush, and this one has it all. With 15 pieces + a faux leather carrying case, this is an incredible value. The brushes are also super soft!
- Beauty Sponge Makeup Blender, $7– I use this BeautyBlender dupe for everything from blending my concealer and contour to dabbing on powder. For $7, this works really well and is a must-have tool for beginner and pro beauty gals.
- Rose Gold Blender Holder Drying Rack Stand, $7– Don’t know what I did without this. This little gadget holds your makeup blender to keep it clean and dry when not in use.
- Conair Oval Shaped Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror, $35– This mirror is the best and an essential for getting ready. One side has magnification (perfect for tweezing) and the other has standard viewing with an illuminated halo which makes it easier to see the final product. It turns on and off with an easy switch and is seriously gorgeous!
- Acrylic Cosmetics Makeup Organizer, $17– Although my vanity has lots of drawers for my beauty products, I needed a place to store other things like my brushes, lipsticks and essential oils. This organizer is great and makes it easy to see all of your goodies.
- Vanity Set with Stool, $220– This one is not under $25, but this vanity has been a real game-changer for my gettin- ready game. I’ll take more about this vanity and how to organize it later, but if you’re in need of a high quality set that won’t break the bank, this is it.
$750 AMAZON GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY
Money Can Buy Lipstick | Simply Her Fav | Tonya Michelle 26 | Coming Up Roses | Caitlin Eliza
Sophisticaition | Aquamarine Dreams | Brandi Soileau | Street Style Squad | So Heather
The Middle Page | Rosé & Chambray | Simply Classy | Mama In Heels | Pretty in Pink Megan
GoodTimiCha | Trendy Chickadee | Carli Best | Designs by Katy | Beauty with Lily
Manic Style | House of Loren | A Glam Lifestyle | Fashion & Frills | Tall Blonde Bell | Between The Pearls
Woo, that was a long one! I hope my trial and error over the years will help you in your hunt for the best budget-friendly beauty buys on Amazon. If you’ve never bought beauty products from Amazon, I highly recommend it! Even the products you can buy at a drugstore are usually cheaper on Amazon, so I find myself buying everything here as long as I don’t urgently need it.
Have you purchased beauty products from Amazon before? Share your experience and favorite purchases below!
Thanks so much for reading and sharing.
- 4 Wines You Need To Try This Summer
- 6 Hacks That Will Change The Way You Decorate for Christmas (And Save You Money)
- The Wines of Game of Thrones: Trader Joe’s Edition