Can you believe it’s already October?! Fall is in the air, and we’re only 85 days from Christmas, ha 🙂 Ok, I won’t bother you with my Xmas speak…yet.
But honestly, fall is one of my favorite seasons, especially when it comes to the style it brings. Jeans, booties, cardigans, long sleeve tees, scarves…all of it!
Today, I want to talk a little bit about jeans, specifically high waisted jeans. For years, I struggled to find jeans that fit my body, looked good and were comfortable. Low rise jeans were pretty much my only option for years, because, trends. But the low rise jeans were uncomfortable, unforgiving (remember, I have a long torso), and caused me to have a constant case of peek-a-boo crack. In fact, I used to despise wearing jeans because all I knew was the low rise style.
A few years ago, high rise jeans started to come into the mainstream, and I’m so thankful that they did. The first time I tried on a pair of high rise jeans was at Express (these ones!), and my life was forever changed. From there on out, I almost exclusively only wear high rise jeans.
Why I Only Wear High Waisted Jeans
- High rise jeans act similar to shape-wear by helping hold everything together and accentuating your curves (hello lifted booty).
- They allow you to move freely and bend and snap without worry of exposing your backside (in case you’re a klutz like me and are constantly dropping things).
- High waisted jeans cinch your waist and give you an hourglass shape.
- They allow you to wear a wide range of tops and can easily be dressed up or down. This style jeans can be worn with crop tops, knot-tie tees (see my tutorial here), regular length tops, bodysuits, high-low tops, and are perfect for tucking in your tops (like I did here). They literally go with anything and everything!
- High waisted jeans help me feel confident and secure.
These high waisted jeans are my current favorites and are on sale for under $50! They check all 5 boxes listed above + they are the prettiest bright sapphire blue color. I legit have worn them at least 3 times a week since I’ve gotten them, and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. If you follow me on Instagram, I share my daily outfits on my stories, and have styled these at least a dozen times so far! I’m wearing a size 14, and they fit perfectly- super stretchy and comfy.
Are you a fan of high-waisted jeans? I’d love to know why or why not!
Thanks so much for reading.